Monday, September 8, 2008

O yeah!

I can't do caffeine, so I drink water about 95% of the time. (The other 5% of the time, I splurge on the occasional Sprite.) After having seen the video about how nasty the lemons are, AND given the fact that citrus fruits trigger migraines for me, all that water I've been drinking has been plain. Bland. Boring. Blah. Until I had the big O.

O Water, that is! It's the brain child of one of the Toms from Nantucket Nectars, by the way. (No trivia in the bottle caps, though...) I am in love with their Unsweetened Water line, which has natural fruit flavor and electrolytes. I LOVE it. Somehow, it has some zip to it, without any carbonation. It is exactly what I have been wishing for! There are tons of flavored waters out there, but they're full of sweeteners-- just not for me. O Water is refreshing and light-tasting, and puts an end to my plain water doldrums.

So you can imagine my disappointment when, on Friday, I went to the ONE store where I've been able to find O Water, only to find that they no longer carried it. I almost screamed, right there in the middle of the bright, shiny, wide bottled water lane at the new Giant. Devastay-shonnnn. I immediately went home and fired off an email to the company, hoping (begging and pleading, truth be told) that they could tell me of any nearby stores that carry it. I NEED THIS STUFF!

Well, this morning, the DM for Canada Dry called. He not only looked up what stores carry which flavors, but he BROUGHT ME FOUR CASES, two each of strawberry and mixed berry (my favorites), "for my trouble." That's right. Brought. Me. Four. Cases. I am in HEAVEN. Not only does my primary grocery store now carry it, but I won't even need to buy some more for a couple of weeks! AND he told me to call him again if I am unable to find it in stores.

Anyway, I am beyond thrilled with the service I received, and am even more of a fan of the O than I was before. If you see O Water in your stores, and it piques your interest at all, just know that I absolutely love it, and definitely recommend it.

Enjoy!
Kimmy

4 comments:

Accidental housewife said...

Kimmy,

Citrus triggers your migraines? Pork triggers mine. Isn't it odd the triggers?

OK You had me at water, so I'm going to see if I can find this stuff.

Thanks again for your suggestions.

KimmyDarling said...

Yes, citrus is one of the many known triggers for me. Pork is an interesting one-- is it any pork at all, or just that which have nitrates/nitrites, like ham and bacon? (I have to get special meats, specifically without those dreaded -ites and -ates.)

Let me know what you think about the O. I'm enjoying some mixed berry right this second!

plynn66 said...

I am going to look for your big O this weekend. Water that is.

KimmyDarling said...

Go for it, baby! ;) ENJOY!